Cultural Management: Science and Education
(CMSE) is the peer-reviewed, professional journal dedicated to the advancement of best practice and latest thinking in cultural management, including the results of basic and applied scientific research of international authors in the English language.
The international character of the journal is confirmed both by the multinational membership of the Scientific Committee and authors from foreign scientific centers. A high level of content is ensured by the fact that all articles are subject to a double-blind review process by recognized authorities in the given fields of science. The journal brings expert opinions and results of the scientific studies related to cultural management in a wide range of the scientific fields.
Articles published by the CMSE cover the following areas:
- strategic cultural management,
- cultural tourism and the creative industries,
- cultural economics and finance,
- cultural education,
- cultural policy,
- governance and leadership,
- arts marketing,
- audience development and participation,
- philanthropy and fundraising,
- cultural production and consumption.
CMSE considers the following types of articles:
- Research — data reports from original research. The articles bring information about the outputs of the primary research of the authors.
- Case studies — the articles present experiences resulting from the application of existing methods or procedures and relevant findings which could be valuable for the readers.
- Review articles — the articles present the systematic review or comparative study of already known knowledge. The reviews should explore any new viewpoint and connections which could be valuable for the readers.
CMSE is published two times a year (June and December) in printed and in electronic form.
See also our Publication Ethics and Publication Malpractice Statement.